When you think of split pea soup you may think of the saltyness from the ham bone that you may include to the pot when cooking, but here is a more healthy version that is perfect for your little one.
What you need:
- Split Peas
- Water (chicken or veggie stock if desired)
- Onions, as desired
- Cerlery, as desired (they can become stringy so you may want to leave them out)
- Garlic, as desired
What to do:
- Add the Carrots, onion, celery and garlic (as desired) to a medium sauce pan with water.
- Once the water comes to a boil add the split peas.
- Let it cook until everything is tender (about an hour and a half for the full bag of split peas)
- Puree to the desired consistency for your little one
*Your cooking time and quantity of liquid will vary based on how much of the split peas you have decided to use.
Feel free to replace the veggies noted above with any veggie puree's that you may have in your freezer.